Friday, April 06, 2012

Waking up to the perfect Kalboishakhi morning in Dhaka today has been nothing less than divine. After being in this country for almost two years, today is the day that I'm loving the most. Listening to the raindrops hit the windows whilst drinking the perfect cup of tea. Classic 80s-early 90s tunes infiltrating the background is making me reminisce the good old days we always cherish. Bryan Adams at his best singing "When you love someone" and "Please forgive me" makes me miss my loved ones who are not with me today. Not a day goes by that I don't stop thinking of them but it's days like these when you reflect and miss them the most. A day you get to finally relax and have several moments to yourself to just be yourself. Without a worry if your eyeliner has smudged or if you have a hole in the oddest part of your t-shirt. I just want to stay curled in bed all day and do absolutely nothing, even though a pile of chores and work is waiting for my attention....Oh well...Time to relish this gorgeous morning and everything else can take a rest.

PS. Yes, I miss you.....

No comments:

Gratitude

Waking up in my apt in Manhattan this morning has been no less than a full on surreal experience, only because I didn’t know if it was going...